Why paying so much to taxi if you could get a bike for rent? Save your money and go wherever whenever you want. Just like feeling at home. :)
Penang has varieties of shopping malls, parks, attraction places, and nice food. So you can start your schedule and then tell us, we'll reserve one bike for you.
All of our bikes for rent are well maintain, look brand-new, user friendly and fuel economy. How lucky i am, Malaysia is one of the oil producer so it costs just RM1.90 (as on 5/12/2008) per liter. :) The fuel consumption is VERY low, full tank of fuel price is about RM6 which can last a week of average use about 25kilometre per day.
The best thing is, we will send the bike to your location, wherever you are in the Penang island! isn't that great!? :) We'll provide the best service as we could to make our customer satisfy and happy when renting with us. Tell us where is your location, for example which hotel or apartment? We'll pick it up from your location after rent. Great isn't? Delivery charge is applied for far distance.
Make sure you have motorbike driving license or either international driving license would be good! If you don't acquire motorbike driving license but you have other vehicle driving license would into my consideration. As long as you know how to take care of my bikes and ride it well. :)
Here are the some information you need to know about the road rules and regulations in Malaysia.
- All type of bikes need to turn on the front light, everyday & every time, all the time.Therefore, do not turn off the front light although at day time.
- The bike's lane on the road is at left side. Easier way is, left lane for slower vehicle and right lane is for faster vehicle. So, don't ride too slow on right lane or else back vehicle will "horn" at you.
- You must wear helmet all the time. Of course for your own safety and prevent getting ticket from police.
- Follow the basic road regulations, for example the road signs and rules of riding. Do not race, drink and drive.
- Only one rider and one back passenger is allowed on the bike. No allow for three or four people on it.
- Calm down. Act like nothing happens even though you did wrong. Wait and let them direct you what you need to do.
- Show them your national license, student card, driving license, so on.
- Show them the road tax, usually the road tax tag is located under bike's seat. I will show to you in the future.
- Tell them the reason you are here in Penang. Tell them you rent the bike from bike renter if require.
Below are some mistakes where always happen, reminding..
- Remember to take off the keys when you away from the bike. Don't lost the bike.
- Remember to take up the bike's stand before start off.
- Remember to lock the bike every time after used.
- Keep the bike key every time with you safely.
- Do not let anyone else ride the bike except you, is your responsible to response if any thing goes wrong.
- Park the bike at proper parking lot. The rate for Government bike parking lot should be around RM1 to 0.50 per hour or free. The private sector should be around the same price.
- Only normal fuel for commercial vehicle can be used. Do not use diesel. Get advice from the station worker if you are not sure.
All the bikes for rent do not have clucth which means it does not require clutch to change the gears. Therefore, it is easy to ride and it uses simple mechanism. It consists of four gears.The gear switching is going like this:
TO INCREASE GEAR > SHIFT FRONT > FROM NEUTRAL TO 1ST GEAR TO 2ND GEAR TO 3RD GEAR TO 4TH GEAR
TO DECREASE GEAR > SHIFT BACK > FROM 4TH GEAR TO 3RD GEAR TO 2ND GEAR TO 1ST GEAR TO NEUTRAL
~ Do not drag the 1st and 2nd gear too long. Switch to highest gear as soon as possible.
~ Ride the bike smoothly, especially slow down at the bumps and cornering.
~ Remember to turn off the signal lights
~ Maximum speed is around 70-80 km/h
~ Always on Neutral gear before start the engine
It is not complicate to ride. So no worry. Learn makes prefect
RENTAL GENERAL CONDITIONS & REGULATIONS
MOTORCYCLE RENTAL SELF DRIVE RATES.
Minimum rental charge is one day (24 hours period). Due to the budget nature of our business, we do not provide Hourly Rate and any extension by the Renter will be charged for another day’s Rent.We expect all Renters to adhere to their booking time strictly to avoid any inconvenience and delays.
DRIVER'S LICENCE AND AGE QUALIFICATIONS.
We recognize all current Malaysian driving licenses. Overseas visitor may use recognized current issued by their country of residence. It is important that Renter and any additional drivers must be at least 18 years of age and over, and hold valid licenses.
Bookings for our motorcycle rental can be done through phone or email. Details can be obtained through our website and we would be more than happy if you can provide us with a telephone contact number to facilitate our staff in our further communications with you.
WHERE VEHICLE MAY BE USED (Penang Island).
Our motorcycles are insured for driving in Penang Island only. No permission will be given for driving other than Penang Island.
PICK-UP & DROP OFF.
Our motorcycles are available for pickup by Renter anywhere around the vicinity of the City of Georgetown. Drop-off Service is also available for Renter’s convenience but a small repositioning fee is applicable to cover our operation cost. Arrangement can be made during bookings and we will try our best to accommodate all you needs.
TERMS OF PAYMENT.
At this moment, we only accept Cash Payment in Ringgit Malaysia. A minimum deposit will be required from the Renter and will be fully refunded upon return of the motorcycles to us.
Petrol is not included in the rates. Each vehicle is supplied with a minimum level of fuel and thus, we expect the Renter to return the motorcycle in a more or less same level of fuel. Please do not use up all petrol in the tank upon returning to facilitate our staff in sending the motorcycles back to the depot.
While we urge Renter to take whatever possible care while driving, minor accidents do happen at times. In the case of such incidents, the Renter will be responsible for the estimated repair amount of the motorbike.
PARKING CHARGES AND TRAFFIC OFFENCE.
All traffic, parking offences, courts costs and other expenses that may assessed against us which are due by the reason of Renter's possession or use of our motorcycles, will be fully borne by the Renter. We will contact the Renter where possible if it receives parking or traffic summons pertaining to the period under rental. Otherwise, Renter's particulars will be submitted to the authority concerned.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN BIKECompany Services.
* One copy of this General Conditions & Regulations will be handed to the Renter for reference and record purpose.
* Special price offer to University Sains Malaysia Students, call us for more details *
Need a quotation? Please provide us your details as below and we will send it through to your email address.
-Contact No. (HP)
-PickUp Location & Date
We offering daily, weekly and monthly renting.
You can place your booking today by calling us at
(+60) 016-4024147 or (+60) 014-9434265 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good News ! We are also providing Lodging/HomeStay/HolidayHome services to you! Cheap/Budget/Clean&Tidy/Friendly/Prime location tourist spot.
Welcome to Des Studio Penang @ Tanjung Tokong!
We assure you to have nice,clean and comfortable place to stay. Lots of happiness and great time in Penang!
Price : Monday to Thursday RM 100 nett/ Night only
Friday to Sunday RM 120 nett/ Night only
Deposit : RM 100 ( A security deposit of MYR 100 is required upon arrival for incidentals. This deposit is fully refundable upon check-out and subject to a damage inspection of the accommodation. )
Call us today for booking!
Tel: +6014-9434265 - Desmond